I spent 7 years in the military with a kind of rigid discipline that modern productivity gurus promote as the answer to all our problems.
But living our lives Ina constant state of war with yourself doesn't lead to a happy and sustainable life. It certainly didn't do it for me.
That's why I came up with the soft discipline method.
It's a way to quickly build up flexible and sustainable habits that don't collapse the moment the pressure is off (or on).
- You choose one habit to work on for 7 days.
- We make an initial plan on how you're going to try to do it.
- I send you a check-in email every day to see how it goes.
- We adjust the plan and work through any friction you encounter.
- The habit becomes a natural and effortless part of your life.
I'm offering this for free to the wonderful r/getdisciplined community.